The Las Vegas Comic Expo was to have taken place at the end of the month at the Alexis Park Resort, directly opposite where MorrisonCon was taking place. It is the closest two simultaneous and rival comic conventions have ever been held.
But sadly, that is no longer to be. Flash flooding has damaged the hotel and halls planned to be used for the show, including a lack of power.
But the show has managed to find an alternative location at the Riviera Casino & Hotel, on the Las Vegas Strip. A bigger location, with closer access for panels, it’s probably a step up… but there will be less chance of popping outside for a cigarette and bumping into Robert Kirkman or Jim Lee from the other show.
For those who have already booked accomodation at Alexis Park, they will be running a two-hourly shuttle service to the show, and they will allow cancellations without penalty.
- ‘Mech Cadet Yu’ By Greg Pak And Takeshi Miyazawa Will Be An Ongoing Series - August 19, 2017
- We Talk To The Supergirl Cosplayer “Along For The Ride” At The White Nationalist Rally In Charlottesville - August 19, 2017
- Writer’s Perspective: What I Learned From Creating ‘Robots Vs. Princesses’ - August 19, 2017
- Comic Store In Your Future: The Secret Empire Sales Drop - August 19, 2017
- Disillusionment With Comics Almost Made Me Give Them Up For Good - August 19, 2017