The Las Vegas Comic Expo was to have taken place at the end of the month at the Alexis Park Resort, directly opposite where MorrisonCon was taking place. It is the closest two simultaneous and rival comic conventions have ever been held.
But sadly, that is no longer to be. Flash flooding has damaged the hotel and halls planned to be used for the show, including a lack of power.
But the show has managed to find an alternative location at the Riviera Casino & Hotel, on the Las Vegas Strip. A bigger location, with closer access for panels, it’s probably a step up… but there will be less chance of popping outside for a cigarette and bumping into Robert Kirkman or Jim Lee from the other show.
For those who have already booked accomodation at Alexis Park, they will be running a two-hourly shuttle service to the show, and they will allow cancellations without penalty.
- J Michael Straczynski On The Importance – Or Not – Of Superman’s Red Shorts - January 16, 2017
- Clone Conspiracy #4 Goes Back To Amazing Fantasy #15 – But Not Quite In The Way You MightThink - January 16, 2017
- How Jason Fabok’s Watchmen Covers For Batman And Flash In April Came About… - January 16, 2017
- Unfollow And Clean Room: Season One End With #18 – More Frankensteining DC Solicits For April 2016 As $3.99 Is The New $2.99 - January 16, 2017
- Jessica Jones Meets Roger Rabbit – Black Cloud #1, Out This April, From Jason Latour, Ivan Brandon, Greg Finkle, Matt Wilson And Image Comics - January 16, 2017