The Las Vegas Comic Expo was to have taken place at the end of the month at the Alexis Park Resort, directly opposite where MorrisonCon was taking place. It is the closest two simultaneous and rival comic conventions have ever been held.
But sadly, that is no longer to be. Flash flooding has damaged the hotel and halls planned to be used for the show, including a lack of power.
But the show has managed to find an alternative location at the Riviera Casino & Hotel, on the Las Vegas Strip. A bigger location, with closer access for panels, it’s probably a step up… but there will be less chance of popping outside for a cigarette and bumping into Robert Kirkman or Jim Lee from the other show.
For those who have already booked accomodation at Alexis Park, they will be running a two-hourly shuttle service to the show, and they will allow cancellations without penalty.
- After Sixty Years, André Franquin’s Gaston To Be (Finally) Translated Into English, As Gomer Goof - February 19, 2017
- Watching Apple Tree Yard: Sex, Lies And Video Tape - February 19, 2017
- 88 Photos And Videos From New York Toy Fair 2017 Day One - February 19, 2017
- 52 Stories From ComicsPRO – Time To Catch Up On What You Missed Out On - February 18, 2017
- Cover Stories: Red Sonja To Riverdale To Robotech, From J Scott Campbell, Artgerm And More - February 18, 2017