The Las Vegas Comic Expo was to have taken place at the end of the month at the Alexis Park Resort, directly opposite where MorrisonCon was taking place. It is the closest two simultaneous and rival comic conventions have ever been held.
But sadly, that is no longer to be. Flash flooding has damaged the hotel and halls planned to be used for the show, including a lack of power.
But the show has managed to find an alternative location at the Riviera Casino & Hotel, on the Las Vegas Strip. A bigger location, with closer access for panels, it’s probably a step up… but there will be less chance of popping outside for a cigarette and bumping into Robert Kirkman or Jim Lee from the other show.
For those who have already booked accomodation at Alexis Park, they will be running a two-hourly shuttle service to the show, and they will allow cancellations without penalty.
- Warsaw Withdraws Comics Festival Funding After Publisher Gives Out Book Mocking Polish Nationalism - May 28, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – May 28th, 2017 – World’s Greatest Detective Comics - May 28, 2017
- Will Marvel Comics Succumb To Warren Ellis’ Nazi Pitch? - May 28, 2017
- Jae Lee’s New Creator Owned Comic Announced At Phoenix Comic Con – Fey - May 28, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters – 28th May 2017 – What’s Going On? - May 28, 2017