The Las Vegas Comic Expo was to have taken place at the end of the month at the Alexis Park Resort, directly opposite where MorrisonCon was taking place. It is the closest two simultaneous and rival comic conventions have ever been held.
But sadly, that is no longer to be. Flash flooding has damaged the hotel and halls planned to be used for the show, including a lack of power.
But the show has managed to find an alternative location at the Riviera Casino & Hotel, on the Las Vegas Strip. A bigger location, with closer access for panels, it’s probably a step up… but there will be less chance of popping outside for a cigarette and bumping into Robert Kirkman or Jim Lee from the other show.
For those who have already booked accomodation at Alexis Park, they will be running a two-hourly shuttle service to the show, and they will allow cancellations without penalty.
- Old Man Hawkeye #1 and Venom #160 Go to Second Printings - January 16, 2018
- Neil Gaiman Announces Paperback of Norse Mythology for Tuesday, March 6th - January 16, 2018
- Finally – Frank Miller’s 300 Prequel, Xerxes, from Dark Horse Comics in April 2018 - January 16, 2018
- So… Why Is Marvel Not Cancelling Their Lowest-Selling Comics? - January 16, 2018
- John Nee is the New Publisher of Marvel Comics - January 16, 2018