I’m that guy with both Doctor Who and Battlestar Galactica on his Blu-ray shelf. By which I mean, one of those hundreds of thousands of guys. All of us incredibly good looking, witty and popular with the gender(s) of our preference.
My fellow ample cross-fandom will be pleased to hear that Battlestar‘s Starbuck, Ms. Katee Sackhoff, will be joining Who‘s Amelia Pond, Ms Karen Gillan, in Oculus. The film is to be a horror yarn about a haunted mirror. Deadline provide this blurb:
A terrifying family incident [has] left two young children orphans. Although her brother was charged with murder, Kaylie is convinced a haunted antique mirror is the real perpetrator and years later wants prove that the mirror was responsible for destroying their family.
Gillan is playing the grown up Kaylie, and Sackhoff will be mother ‘to a younger version’, presumably in flashback.
Which means they’re pretty unlikely to share the screen… and if I know how fans work (and I should do, I am one) there’s going to be certain people disappointed by this.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014