Matt Smith said that he’d like it if Peter Jackson directed an episode of Doctor Who. It’s the sort of thing I might have said myself. Would have meant nothing had I said it, of course, but when Smith opened his mouth, this happened:
I’m a huge Doctor Who fan, and I think Matt’s fantastic. Just name a time and place, and I’ll be there!
That’s Jackson speaking, in quote from The Waikato Times, a New Zealand news paper who are now trying to marshall fan enthusiasm:
If you’d like to see Doctor Who and the TARDIS materialise in New Zealand email executive producers Steven Moffat and Caro Skinner to tell them.
The BBC’s Doctor Who website is asking fans to send questions about the show, running at 8.30pm on Thursdays on Prime, to the pair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get on it, New Zealand. And if you can at least pretend to be in New Zealand, maybe you should e-mail in too.
Back to more pressing concerns. This clip from Saturday’s episode is called Invasion of the Very Small Cubes.
This episode will see the return of UNIT. Is Moffat going to make them into his Torchwood, I wonder, and keep them running in the show?
Now, if you want to see The Angels Take Manhattan early, there’s going to be a preview screening at the Cineworld in Cardiff’s Mary Ann Street next Wednesday, 6.30pm. To get entered to the draw for a pair of tickets, you need to send your name and e-mail address to:
by midnight tonight. Winners will be notified on Monday. Tickets are non-transferable, and under 16s will need to be accompanied by an adult with their own ticket. Good luck.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014