The latest instalment in Skyfall‘s video blog gives us our first introduction to the new ladies of the franchise, specifically Naomie Harris as Good Bond Girl Eve and Bérénice Marlohe as Bad Bond Girl Sévérine.
According to the actresses themselves, however, things aren’t quite that simple. Marlohe insists that there’s more to her character than just a pretty face, saying, “Bond girls don’t look like models. They have a specific look, a look that fits the movie … There is a complexity in this Bond that I like very much.”
With this arguably more “mature” Daniel Craig phase of Bond, Harris also believes that, “it’s [not] enough to just look pretty any more. That may well have been true in the past but certainly not now. I think what’s really important to bring is a multi-layered character.”
You see, Bond girls are like onions.
Skyfall is Marlohe’s first English-language feature after a series of TV and film roles in her native country of France. Harris is a more familiar face for British audiences, having played Selena in 28 Days Later and orthodontia-challenged witch Tia Dalma in the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise.
- Jackie Chan Confirms Role In The Expendables 3 - December 17, 2012
- Garrett Hedlund Confirms Attachment To TRON 3 - December 13, 2012
- Lincoln And Argo Lead The 2013 Golden Globes Nominations - December 13, 2012
- James McAvoy And Mark Strong Star In New Trailer For Brit Action Thriller Welcome To The Punch - December 11, 2012
- The Asylum Finally Have One Of Their Mockbusters Blocked As Lawyers Stop Age Of The Hobbits - December 10, 2012