Steven Moffat has made it clear, time and time again, that this year’s fifth episode of Doctor Who, The Angels Take Manhattan, is a swansong for the Ponds. Sure, he’s a liar, and with good reason, and we love him for it, but let’s just assume he’s telling the truth this time.
How are they going to go?
There have been a few clues in recent episodes, I think, and Moffat himself says that their final moments will pay off something he set up a long, long time ago. But really, for now, we’re just guessing.
Here are the latest clues: an official blurb for the episode, and a whole stack of promo images. These were supposed to be embargoed until Midnight next Tuesday but… well, I don’t know if what happened was timey wimey per se, but it was certainly a bit wibbly wobbly.
The Doctor, Amy and Rory visit modern-day New York. But the Weeping Angels are lurking here too. When one of the TARDIS crew is zapped back to 1938, Amy discovers that time can’t always be rewritten, not once it’s written in stone.
Thanks to Spoiler TV for the pictures and watermarks.
- We Are All Monsters – A Cadaver’s Confession - January 22, 2017
- Through The Eyes Of An Elephant-Man - January 22, 2017
- ‘Bout Time … Deadpool Meets Gwenpool - January 22, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd January 2017 – “I Ordered Really Low On Monsters Unleashed But It Wasn’t Low Enough” - January 22, 2017
- So Why Were DC Comics April 2017 Solicitations Delayed A Week Anyway? - January 22, 2017