The A on his helmet really doesn’t stand for France anymore. To back up the big spoilery report in the Washington Post this morning, Marvel has made sure that no one could be possibly unspoiled on tomorrow’s The Ultimates #15 by sending out a press release to everyone, giving away the ending and showing pages from the subsequent issue #16.
That’s some spoilerage. The three pages sent out are below and yes, it completely spoils issue #15’s plot twist.
But it should also make for plenty of column inches!
The Ultimate comics have recently shown a divided USA, split into several groupings of states, at war with each other and generally kicking off. This election is intended to unite them, and leads into th United We Stand storyline that follows the curent Divided We Fall arc.
But what are Captain America’s politics? While the standard Marvel Universe Cap is a bit of a liberal lefty, if a muscular neocon version (think Tony Blair wuth more muscles and better teeth), the Ultimate Captain America is very much on the right. A strong conservative who brooks little discussion. And just a little but nutty. Think Glenn Beck after a lifetime in the gym, and on the rack.
- Marvel Panel At Baltimore Comic-Con: “Many People Feel As Though Marvel Just Hadn’t Been Feeling Right” - September 23, 2017
- Dark Ark #1 By Cullen Bunn And Joe Doe Sells Out And Goes To Second Printing - September 23, 2017
- Frank Cho Has A New Fan Of His Wonder Woman Art - September 23, 2017
- Heroes & Villains Fan Fest New York 2017: Cosplay, Gotham, And Barrowman - September 23, 2017
- The AfterShock Table At Baltimore Comic-Con - September 23, 2017