It’s less of an original graphic novel… and more of a comic book digest, printed on paper that feels like a computer game manual. But take a look for yourself, bought exclusively from Asda today.
It’s a fun, witty read, giving us a series of Avengers stories, and we get a good run through the cast of the comic, with an eye to the movie watchers, but the shifting artists from chapter to chapter makes this rub a little raw against the more unified look of other Season One graphic novels. Also, yes, the production values are shockingly poor. If you like that sort of thing, you might want to wait for the hardcover.
But what you do get from writer Peter David in the back is the Marvel-style original synopsis for the comic. This kind of thing rarely make it to the public, it’s quite a revelation of process and intent.
As an extra with the DVD it’s rather nice. If the movie itself hadn’t been censored and the Joss Whedon commentary bumped. Oh and SPOILERS… here is proof that the UK version of Avengers has, as Brendon Connelly explained, been amended…
- Reviewing By The Numbers: A Tarnished Tintin For Grown Ups - January 22, 2017
- More Comics Folk Attend Anti-Trump Women’s Marches Around The World #WomensMarch - January 21, 2017
- James Hudnall Pleads For His Friends To Give Trump A Chance - January 21, 2017
- Comics Folk React To (Or Are Part Of) The Women’s Marches Against Donald Trump - January 21, 2017
- Peter Capaldi Joins The Anti-Trump Women’s March In London – Potential Spoiler For The 13th Doctor? - January 21, 2017