It’s less of an original graphic novel… and more of a comic book digest, printed on paper that feels like a computer game manual. But take a look for yourself, bought exclusively from Asda today.
It’s a fun, witty read, giving us a series of Avengers stories, and we get a good run through the cast of the comic, with an eye to the movie watchers, but the shifting artists from chapter to chapter makes this rub a little raw against the more unified look of other Season One graphic novels. Also, yes, the production values are shockingly poor. If you like that sort of thing, you might want to wait for the hardcover.
But what you do get from writer Peter David in the back is the Marvel-style original synopsis for the comic. This kind of thing rarely make it to the public, it’s quite a revelation of process and intent.
As an extra with the DVD it’s rather nice. If the movie itself hadn’t been censored and the Joss Whedon commentary bumped. Oh and SPOILERS… here is proof that the UK version of Avengers has, as Brendon Connelly explained, been amended…
- Watchmen, The Justice Society, Flash And Batman – It’s All Happening! - February 24, 2017
- Aspen Denied Free Comic Book Day 2017 – So They Are Doing It Themselves With Aspen Universe: Decimation #0, Free For May - February 24, 2017
- Saudia Arabia Comic Con Condemned By Religious Leaders – But Not Mads Mikkelsen - February 24, 2017
- Tom King Teases Batman/Rorschach Crossover… - February 24, 2017
- What Would A Comics Retailer Tell Their Younger Self Before Opening Their Store? - February 24, 2017