If we can take these images of Joel Kinnaman on the set of Jose Padilha‘s new Robocop at face value, so to speak, we’ve now got a pretty good idea of how ‘human’ his face will look. And it’s pretty human. And that’s pretty interesting, I think.
The ‘old’ Robocop design did things in both visor-on and visor-off modes to make the human face more robotic. There’s obviously different thinking at work here, just like there is obviously very different thinking in the new robo-armour.
A note for those of you thinking that we won’t see this face: the visor is translucent. We’ll be seeing his face even when the visor is down.
Wrapping the outfit up in that robe now is a bit like bolting the stable door after the horse has wound up with an eight page spread in Closer, but you can’t blame them for trying.
Just Jared‘s long lens man also caught some cops on bikes, Abbie Cornish and a young actor – possibly playing Murphy Jr. – standing by a sci-fi cab and some sort of future car. Not as interesting as Joel Kinnaman’s face.
This film has an incredible cast… a truly astonishing cast. It can’t possibly fail to be interesting with all of those on board, can it?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014