The writer of last night’s Doctor Who, Toby Whithouse, has a very small history of this sort of thing. Check out his Miracleman/Being Human Swipe File. It was absolutely blatant.
But it’s another Alan Moore comic being referenced here, one with a character designed by Alan Davis. What about The Gunslinger and… The Fury?
Both cyborgs, both with a gun for an arm, both with a wide mechanical eye, all withlight shining from them…
And they see the world in a similar fashion. I was thrown initially by the Terminator similarity, but it’s not, is it? It’s The Fury.
We look forward to Toby Whithouse’s next TV drama featuring a man with a Guy Fawkes mask… as he once said;
In Swipe File we present two or more images that resemble each other to some degree. They may be homages, parodies, ironic appropriations, coincidences or works of the lightbox. We trust you, the reader, to make that judgment yourself. If you are unable to do so, please return your eyes to their maker before any further damage is done. The Swipe File doesn’t judge, it’s interested more in the process of creation, how work influences other work, how new work comes from old, and sometimes how the same ideas emerge simultaneously, as if their time has just come. The Swipe File was named after the advertising industry habit where writers and artist collect images and lines they admire to inspire them in their work. It was swiped from the Comic Journal who originally ran this column, as well as the now defunct Swipe Of The Week website.
- It’s Going To Take A Very Long Time To Rehabilitate Lobo, From Today’s Justice League Of America - April 26, 2017
- Hydra Youth? Previewing Secret Empire #1, #2, The Crossovers And The Spin-Offs… - April 26, 2017
- Let There Be Light? Tomorrow’s Ultimates 2 #8 Tells The Very Beginning Of The Marvel Multiverse - April 25, 2017
- A Host Of New Comics Announced At C2E2 From Lion Forge - April 25, 2017
- An Unannounced Issue Of Surgeon X To Be Digitally Published Tomorrow, By Sara Kenney And Warren Pleece - April 25, 2017