Filling parent-child roles can be good for a bit of stunt casting, and when it works, there can be some interesting chemistry at work. Right now, I’m interested to see how Seth Rogen and Barbara Streisand do as son and mother in this December’s Guilt Trip.
Another good example of this is taking place on New Girl, Liz Meriwether‘s zippy little sitcom. The show has cast the parents of Zooey Deschanel’s Jess, and settled on Jamie Lee Curtis as her mom and Rob Reiner as her dad. Okay… I think I can see that.
According to TV Line, the parents will roll up in the Thanksgiving episode wherein:
Jess attempts to get her divorced folks to reunite, Parent Trap-style.
Now, if Zooey Deschanel and Jamie Lee Curtis don’t quite meet your quota for lady pin-ups, the show’s going to push it over the top by also recruiting Carla Gugino for a story arc.
EW say that her character will be:
Schmidt’s sweet-seeming new superior who’s actually a high-powered sex freak. The two will engage in a Fifty Shades of Grey-esque relationship when Schmidt is forced to sign a contract that binds him to Emma.
Ah, that old chestnut.
The good-looking second season of New Girl kicks off on September 25th in the US. I think we’re still watching season one episodes here in the UK.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014