Rimowa is suing Marvel and Disney for the use of their Topas attaché case, as seen in the Avengers movie, as a fancy prop replica for their collection, without license.
A lot of consumers, thousands of them apparently visitors to this very site, were not happy at all. Amongst them was our very own Michael Moran.
But today, Michael received some very good news. Here’s an excerpt from the e-mail that Amazon sent him.
We’re writing to let you know that the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One-Avengers Assembled Collection will not be released by Marvel as originally expected. Instead, Marvel is planning to offer a similar collection in new packaging. The new collection will include the original titles offered with the first version of the item, and is expected to be available in the spring of 2013. To make this easy for you, we updated your order for the original collection and will ship the new collection when it becomes available. The price of the new collection will be the same as the original collection.
To show our appreciation for your understanding, we are providing you with a promo code to receive a free copy of Marvel’s The Avengers (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo in Blu-ray Packaging). To be eligible, you must have placed your order between June 1, 2012 and August 28, 2012. Any cancelled orders are not eligible to receive the free copy. Codes must be redeemed by October 15, 2012.
Sorry to those of you who cancelled your orders after the set was bumped back. Not sure why you don’t deserve a free Avengers too, you were only reacting sensibly.
We understand that the reissued set is going to look different but come with even more extra material. I bet you it’s Phase Two related – what with Iron Man and Thor sequels coming soon.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014