Three things have happened very recently.
One is that Neil Gaiman’s opposition to Todd McFarlane’s trademark registration for Miracleman was withdrawn.
Because Todd McFarlane had abandoned his claim on Miracleman.
|Goods and Services||(ABANDONED) IC 016. US 002 005 022 023 029 037 038 050. G & S: PRINTED MATTER, NAMELY, COMIC BOOKS AND POSTERS(ABANDONED) IC 025. US 022 039. G & S: CLOTHING, NAMELY, SHIRTS, ATHLETIC SHIRTS, T-SHIRTS, CAPS AND JACKETS(ABANDONED) IC 028. US 022 023 038 050. G & S: TOYS, NAMELY, ACTION FIGURES AND ACCESSORIES THEREFORE|
|Mark Drawing Code||(1) TYPED DRAWING|
|Filing Date||July 11, 2001|
|Original Filing Basis||1B|
|Published for Opposition||November 13, 2001|
|Owner||(APPLICANT) Todd McFarlane Productions, Inc. CORPORATION ARIZONA 12240 South Honah Lee Court Phoenix ARIZONA 85044|
|Attorney of Record||Penny R. Slicer|
|Type of Mark||TRADEMARK|
|Abandonment Date||September 11, 2012|
And Marvel Comics lodged a new trademark claim on Miracleman.
Marvel Comics paid the late Mick Anglo a million dollars for his rights to Marvelman, but Todd McFarlane’s trademark ownership of Miracleman had been a bit of a sticking point.
No longer it seems.
Could this be leading to a final, long awaited, republication amd conclusion of the Alan Moore, Garry Leach, Alan Davis, Chuck Austen, Rick Veitch, John Totleben, Neil Gaiman and Mark Buckingham Marvelman/Miracleman run?
I’m still not aware if an agreement has been reached wuth Garry Leach. As artist, designer and co-writer of the Warrior Magazine relaunch of the character that is responsible for this interest in the series, I understand that he was not that happy with earlier approaches that didn’t recognise that contribution. And all the artists own the rights to their artwork on the series, so accomodations to need to be sought.
- Kirby Comics Opens in Hanover, Pennsylvania, Makes the Front Page - January 20, 2018
- Al Ewing Has a “Most Awesome, Mind-Bending Miniseries Ever” Coming from Marvel Comics - January 20, 2018
- First Peek at Wild’s End Original Graphic Novel by Dan Abnett and INJ Culbard - January 20, 2018
- 28-Page Preview of Super Suckers #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 20, 2018
- A Chat with Travis McIntire, Publisher of Source Point Press - January 20, 2018