DC Comics inker Marlo Alquiza was on the season finale of Collection Intervention on SyFy two nights ago. The show looked at his model building skills and collection of figures, into five figures. However, when they approached him to do the show, it was called Master Collectors. A slight shift in tone perhaps? Rather than a show about a collector, they turned it into an invervention show, to get him to reduce his model making time and collection. Marlo writes;
Hey guys! I didn’t even know this aired already! LOL! Oh man! You don’t know me… You don’t know me! So embarrassing! I don’t even get SyFy, so I’ll have to get a copy somewhere!
Let’s just say when I was approached, the show was called Master Collectors… after the shoot, I find out it’s gonna be called Collection Intervention! WTF! Then there’s all the crap they made us do. My wife was still jet lagged from coming home the day before from the Philippines, so she was not happy! My left foot was injured which is why I’m now in a cast, but they didn’t care. It was 3 days of hell! Oh boy!
Some single presenter pieces-to-camera and voiceovers reveal how they turned one filmed show into another by adding these links;
“So I think I need a little more information about Marlo’s collection, before we can make a plan”
“When a collector starts keeping secrets about their collection from family members, it can be a sight that there’s a real problem”
“He’s a great artist, he should work in the movies or in the comics, that’s his dream job”
“It’s my job to facilitate a compromise”
Put all these around someone talking about their collection, especially in a self-depracating fashion in places, and you create a narrative that wasn’t there originally. The same tricks were clearly being used on the other participants in the show. Once you know it’s going on, it’s hard not to see it.
- “I Look At Every Audition As, I Just Want This Job” – Veronica Taylor On Being Ash, At C2E2 - April 23, 2017
- Frank Miller Loved Halle Berry’s Catwoman – The Dark Knight Panel At C2E2 - April 23, 2017
- Goldie Vance #13 Cancelled, Series Moves To Original Graphic Novels - April 23, 2017
- Genderflipping Doctor Jekyll And Mr Hyde – Living In An Electric Empire At C2E2 With Viola Carr - April 23, 2017
- 31 Shots Of Cosplay From C2E2 Day 2 From Neon Leia To A Full Galactus - April 22, 2017