As it was with Guardians of the Galaxy, so it is with Lobo, Warner Bros. in-development movie outing for the DC comics anti-hero.
A logline has started doing the rounds on industry tracking boards, revealing some of the basic plot premise for the upcoming film. Thanks to It’s On The Grid, here it is:
Lobo, a powerful alien bounty hunter, lands on Earth in search of four fugitives who are bent on wreaking havoc.
Guy Ritchie was developing the film for a good while, and then we heard it was under the command of Brad Peyton – a Canadian director who essayed a really promising portfolio of shorts into a career in charge of rubbish sequels. He’s not listed on the Grid page, however, so there’s a good chance the project is without a director again.
Still listed are “previous” writer Don Payne, producers Joel Silver and Akiva Goldsman, and likely star The Rock.
I hope somebody archives a nice VHS copy of this Lobo film so that when we eventually invent time travel somebody can take it back to Comic-Con 1994 and get it the best of possible receptions.
Incidentally, there was a rumour doing the rounds that Lobo was going to be be in the Justice League movie. From our asking around, it seems not to be true. There’s time for things to change, of course – we don’t have a director for the film yet, so there’s lots to be done. For now though, don’t hold your breath.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014