There’s been “a rumour” doing the rounds that Olga Kurkulina has been cast in the coveted role of Mother Russia, key villainess of Kick-Ass 2. Well, it’s more than a rumour.
Patrick and I spent ten minutes sifting through all available data and traced the story back to some quotes from Kurkulina herself. Here’s the key excerpt from Iron World, tidied up a little:
I competed against other candidates from America, Switzerland and Holland. I spent three weeks in the casting, which took place at Pinewood studios. At the end, the director told me that I was getting a role. This was a difficult time psychologically and physically.
Mny people worked hard and from the heart to help me. On August 30th we fly to Toronto for a month’s shooting on location, and then we go back to London where stunts will be filmed at a local studio.
Now I’m train hard, learning new movements for attack and defense working with professionals on my acting and speech training.
This was published shortly before she would have flown to Toronto. I hope she’s having a great time.
And there we have it, mystery solved. No need for those pesky rumours any longer.
Here’s the picture published with the interview, presumably showing Kurkulina with stunt co-ordinator Buster Reeves and… somebody else called Michael? To be honest, I’m not sure who these guys are, but that’s my best guess.
Kick-Ass 2 is filming now for release next Summer.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014