Looking to avoid numbers and the dreaded colon, the team behind the next Star Trek film have worked hard to come up with a title that goes more down the Batman Returns or Bride of Frankenstein route.
Apparently the result of “a long process of discussion amongst the creative team,” the title has wound up being Star Trek Into Darkness.
And I don’t know about you, but that just sounds bloody ridiculous to me, not least because the words “dark” and “darkness” have become almost comically over applied industry buzzwords. Some wags will doubtlessly make the “lens flare” jokes I’m struggling to pull together too.
Ah well. At least it’s not Star Trek Up The Khyber.
TrekMovie first rolled out a story saying that the title had been set, but quickly followed up with details on what the actual wording will be.
So, now there’s a title, they have to spread it:
The first acknowledgement will likely be made with some kind of visual treatment, either a type treatment for the title or possibly even a teaser poster or image. Indications are that this official roll out should be coming soon.
Like ‘this week’ soon?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014