Aaron Haaland of Florida’s A Comic Shop writes;
Hey Fandom! After last week’s Wonderful Super-kiss and Booster Gold’s new lot in life as Clark’s cock block, DC Dominates again with the first ZERO issues!
The biggest deal is GREEN LANTERN #0 with the first appearance of BAZ, the new GL of sector 2814! The book rocks, Johns roots Baz’s origin to 9-11 and Dearborn, Michigan, and while stereotypical things happen to him like profiling, he isn’t a Muslim stereotype. Unless street racing is some kind of traditional Muslim pursuit I’m not aware of. He’s a car thief, not a terrorist!
Swamp Thing and Animal Man #0 shows both the transitions to the current keepers of the green and red as well as their host human’s origins. Are you as ready for Rotworld as me?
The other Zero books we talked about were great as well, but enough about DC.
Guarding the Globe #1 expands Kirkman’s Invincible universe. Thief of Thieves has a new issue and it’s first collection out the same day! I highly recommend this book to any crime genre or Kirkman fan.
ALSO, I forgot to mention Alan Moore’s new book FASHION BEAST! I don’t know what’s wrong with me! I didn’t get an advance copy of it, and it’s hard to read/process/review a Moore book in a half hour. But, I honestly just forgot in my DC fangasm!
Hickman’s Manhattan Projects is collected and IMO it’s his best work yet! Wildly imaginative historical fiction with art that more than keeps Hickman’s pace.
That’s it for this week, if you’re on Facebook share a video there for a chance to win some of these comics! https://www.facebook.com/A.Comic.Shop
- Yes, Avengers #675 Starts A Weekly Avengers Title With A Lot Of Creators - September 26, 2017
- Ed Piskor’s Next Comic Is A Shoe Box Story Of How Baltimore Saved The Nike AF-1 - September 26, 2017
- Ask For Mercy: A New Comic From Richard Starkings And Abz-J-Harding - September 26, 2017
- Fifteen Big Spoilers For Tomorrow’s Marvel Legacy #1 – In Order Of Spoileriness - September 26, 2017
- What Titan Comics’ Doctor Might Look Like In 2018 - September 26, 2017