Days before the news of Guardians Of The Galaxy film broke, we ran the story that Marvel had filed new trademarks for the property and speculated that may be for a movie…
Now Marvel have placed a rash of new trademark filings for the phrase IRON PATRIOT, such as this one.
We had seen earlier set photos that indicated that Iron Patriot would be a character in Iron Man 3.
In the comics he is Norman Osborn, taking the suit from Tony Stark and giving it a little patriotic twist in the manner of Captain America.
Then Latino Review reported that it was just a whizzed up War Machine, Don Cheadle’s character in the suit. Which of course it may well be. But maybe the US government prefer a less aggressive title for their man-in-a-tin-can?
Marvel never goes on a trademark binge without reason. One way or another, will Iron Patriot be making a film-based appearance in some fashion, to justify the trademarking of everything?
- The Daily LITG – 21st October 2018 – Happy Birthday Paul Levitz - October 21, 2018
- The Other History Of The DC Universe by John Ridley Vs Glory Scroll/Black Reign by Michael Davis - October 20, 2018
- Why 5 Kid Comics of California May Be Closing Down - October 20, 2018
- Gary Reed’s Final Comic, Savants, to See Print in 2019 - October 20, 2018
- In Depth Look at This Yu-Gi-Oh! Thing the Kids Go On About – Part Three - October 20, 2018