Days before the news of Guardians Of The Galaxy film broke, we ran the story that Marvel had filed new trademarks for the property and speculated that may be for a movie…
Now Marvel have placed a rash of new trademark filings for the phrase IRON PATRIOT, such as this one.
We had seen earlier set photos that indicated that Iron Patriot would be a character in Iron Man 3.
In the comics he is Norman Osborn, taking the suit from Tony Stark and giving it a little patriotic twist in the manner of Captain America.
Then Latino Review reported that it was just a whizzed up War Machine, Don Cheadle’s character in the suit. Which of course it may well be. But maybe the US government prefer a less aggressive title for their man-in-a-tin-can?
Marvel never goes on a trademark binge without reason. One way or another, will Iron Patriot be making a film-based appearance in some fashion, to justify the trademarking of everything?
- Just How Dead Is Amanda Waller Anyway? (Suicide Squad Spoilers) - February 22, 2017
- Another Attempt To Explain Why Cyclops Is So Hated In The Marvel Universe (SPOILERS) - February 22, 2017
- Wonder Woman Continues Pushing That Meta-Boulder Up The Hill… - February 22, 2017
- A Massacre Coming for Valiant’s Harbinger Renegade #5? - February 22, 2017
- June’s Venom To Be Numbered #151 – The Only Marvel Comic Continuing In Three Digits – For Now - February 22, 2017