Bill Meeks is writing from Dragon*Con for Bleeding Cool;
Hi, It’s Bill again. I’m in downtown Atlanta, GA for Dragon*Con 2012 and it is off to an amazing start. Thursday isn’t exactly the most eventful day. Everybody is arriving from the airport, checking in, etc. but the cosplayers do come out in full force. There is a lot of drinking naturally but things get pretty quiet early as most want to rest up for panels, parties, and events on Friday.
One thing that is going on every day at the con is the Blood Drive. It’s one of the biggest in the country and a great way to help out while you’re down here geeking out. If you are in Atlanta and haven’t given blood you have no excuse. I’m a TOTAL wimp and I was able to do it, as you can see in the video below:
I also got the chance to see an advance copy of one of the Dragon*Con Film Festival’s selections called D.N.E.: Do Not Erase (http://www.facebook.com/DNEDoNotErase). It’s a great little time travel story and features an appearance by Richard Hatch from Battlestar Gallactica. I’ll be chatting with the director Matthew Campagna on Sunday for Bleeding Cool, but to give you a little taste he’s provided us with this EXCLUSIVE clip from the film:
Here’s the trailer for you to check out as well:
And here are some of my favorite cosplay pictures from last night:
Well, it’s time to get downstairs and start the actual meat of the convention. I’m going to be covering some panels today and tomorrow starts some… dare I say… awesome interviews with some names you’ll probably know. Dragon*Con 2012 is just getting started and so is our coverage. Keep checking back for more!
- The Daily LITG – 21st October 2018 – Happy Birthday Paul Levitz - October 21, 2018
- The Other History Of The DC Universe by John Ridley Vs Glory Scroll/Black Reign by Michael Davis - October 20, 2018
- Why 5 Kid Comics of California May Be Closing Down - October 20, 2018
- Gary Reed’s Final Comic, Savants, to See Print in 2019 - October 20, 2018
- In Depth Look at This Yu-Gi-Oh! Thing the Kids Go On About – Part Three - October 20, 2018