Ben Affleck has told the Canadian press in no uncertain terms that he’s not working on a Justice League movie. The report at 24 hrs goes on to pick-over the ambiguity (what little there is) in Affleck saying:
I’m not working on the Justice League.
…just in case, you know, he might be planning to work on it later. They’re obviously feeling a bit nervy about sticking their neck out.
I don’t think Affleck is playing games, I think he’s being straight. Warner Bros. wanted him for the gig, and he didn’t take it.
Of course, I’m not sure there’s any director out there who could say they are working on the film, not yet.
Personally, I think it’s just a matter of time before Ruben Fleischer is locked in to direct. Let’s say three or four weeks. A shot in the dark? Well, a shot by candle light, maybe.
Affleck has his picture Argo gearing up for release. I look forward to finding out what he’s moving on to next.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014