From the trailers for Doctor Who Series 7 in 2012 about a time traveller getting mixed up in stuff…
And from DC Comics in 1998 about a time traveller, etc etc etc…
Although talking of swipes, anyone see this description of Matt Fraction’s Fantastic Four comic and get deja vu at all?
“a journey through time and space.”
“Reed builds a ship that will take his team and his children across time and space for an epic historical lesson, the writer says. “If they’re studying ancient Rome, then by God let’s go have lunch with Caesar on the Ides of March. If they’re looking at the Big Bang, they’re going to watch it from the front row.””
“They’ll be gone for a year — which will only be four minutes in regular Earth time — and while there will be continuing plot threads, each issue will be a new adventure and new situation.”
In Swipe File we present two or more images that resemble each other to some degree. They may be homages, parodies, ironic appropriations, coincidences or works of the lightbox. We trust you, the reader, to make that judgment yourself? If you are unable to do so, please return your eyes to their maker before any further damage is done. The Swipe File doesn’t judge, it’s interested more in the process of creation, how work influences other work, how new work comes from old, and sometimes how the same ideas emerge simultaneously, as if their time has just come. The Swipe File was named after the advertising industry habit where writers and artist collect images and lines they admire to inspire them in their work. It was swiped from the Comic Journal who originally ran this column, as well as the now defunct Swipe Of The Week website.
- Gene Luen Yang Joins the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund Board of Directors - June 21, 2018
- X-23 Relaunch Tops Advance Reorders for Comic Stores - June 21, 2018
- Cosmic King Comic Store of Springfield, Missouri to Close - June 21, 2018
- House Of Comics, of Jacksonville, Florida, to Close at the End of the Month - June 21, 2018
- DC Solicited Brian Bendis and Alex Maleev’s Absolute Scarlet by Mistake? - June 21, 2018