Good Morning America, the morning TV show on ABC in the USA, has just run the news that in next week’s Justice League, issue 12, that Superman and Wonder Woman are going to “get together”. Entertainment Weekly has run the cover, and quote Geoff Johns;
This is no one-issue stunt: “This is the new status quo,” says Johns, adding that the relationship will have a seismic impact on all the heroes and villains in the DC universe.
But I naturally I refer the honourable gentlemen to the story that Bleeding Cool ran in the wake of rumours of the New 52 eighteen months ago.
I’m told that Superman and Wonder Woman will be getting together.
In a very media friendly fashion, indeed.
Or at least it will be a plot point. A possibility. And why?
Because this may be as a result of DC Universe/Flashpoint merged continuity, with a non-married Superman and a non-married Lois Lane. Without a messy divorce, without a deal with the devil and without some kind of memory bomb. That aspect is on more firmer footing.
I’m not sure how it fits what I’ve seen of a rejuvenated Superman. But hey, would a Superman that young expect to be tied down? To Lois or to Wonder Woman? Not counting use of a Golden Lassoo…
They’ve been planning this for a while…
- The Ten Biggest Toy And Statue Sales Of San Diego Comic-Con 2017 - July 24, 2017
- Keeping The Alien And Predator Shared Universe Going At San Diego Comic-Con - July 24, 2017
- Crunchyroll Panel At San Diego Comic-Con Launches Their Own Show – Crunchyroll Expo - July 24, 2017
- The Top Twenty Highest Sales Of Signed Cast Posters From San Diego Comic-Con 2017 - July 24, 2017
- Did Bleeding Cool Move Your Needle? - July 23, 2017