Good Morning America, the morning TV show on ABC in the USA, has just run the news that in next week’s Justice League, issue 12, that Superman and Wonder Woman are going to “get together”. Entertainment Weekly has run the cover, and quote Geoff Johns;
This is no one-issue stunt: “This is the new status quo,” says Johns, adding that the relationship will have a seismic impact on all the heroes and villains in the DC universe.
But I naturally I refer the honourable gentlemen to the story that Bleeding Cool ran in the wake of rumours of the New 52 eighteen months ago.
I’m told that Superman and Wonder Woman will be getting together.
In a very media friendly fashion, indeed.
Or at least it will be a plot point. A possibility. And why?
Because this may be as a result of DC Universe/Flashpoint merged continuity, with a non-married Superman and a non-married Lois Lane. Without a messy divorce, without a deal with the devil and without some kind of memory bomb. That aspect is on more firmer footing.
I’m not sure how it fits what I’ve seen of a rejuvenated Superman. But hey, would a Superman that young expect to be tied down? To Lois or to Wonder Woman? Not counting use of a Golden Lassoo…
They’ve been planning this for a while…
- Knockabout To Publish Chloé Cruchaudet’s Mauvais Genre As Deserter’s Masquerade - March 23, 2017
- Image Comics Confirm April Fools Variants And Add A Few More… Gwinvincible! - March 23, 2017
- Five Graphic Novels From Caliber In June 2017 - March 23, 2017
- X-O Manowar Gets Animated In New Video Trailer - March 23, 2017
- Ruff And Ready, Recreated As Nineteen-Fifties Blue Comedians By Howard Chaykin - March 23, 2017