According to The Hollywood Reporter, Ellen DeGeneres is currently negotiating her deal to reprise the role. Superb news, because she was really excellent the last time around.
It might seem safe to assume that the studio will also be chasing Albert Brooks for a little more Marlin, but Pixar have thrown curvier balls before now. We’ll have to wait and see if there’s space for Dad in this sequel.
And how about Alexander Gould coming back to play Nemo again? That’s not impossible, and chimes with the casting of John Morris as an adolescent Andy in Toy Story 3.
With the release not expected before 2016 we’ll likely be waiting a good long while before we find out anything too detailed about the story plans. In the meantime, I’ll just remain hopelessly curious, and keep tying myself up in odd knots. For example: the lifespan of a clown fish is apparently between three and six years, so just when is this sequel going to be set? And how will that be reflected in what we see on screen?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014