The CW’s Green Arrow show is to feature a version of DC comics character The Huntress for a multi-episode arc. Though there have been several takes on the character in the comics, the basis for the TV iteration is to be the modern, Helena Bertinelli incarnation.
As EW put it:
She’s the daughter of a mafia boss who vows revenge after her family is murdered… Helena is a potential love interest for Oliver Queen; a fellow vigilante, set on destroying her father’s organized crime empire. But Helena’s blind pursuit of revenge will put her on a collision course with the Arrow.
The part has gone to Jessica De Gouw, an Australian actress probably best known for a recurring role in period-set true crime drama Underbelly: Razor. She’s also to be seen in the upcoming Kath & Kimderella, which I always seem to be bringin up.
A recurring role on Arrow should be a great gig. Seems that Ms. De Gouw’s decision to move to Hollywood at the beginning of the year is going to pay off.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014