Two zombie tales, both by creators strongly associated with 2000AD, both with a familiar looking zombie front and centre on the cover… The Dead by Alan Grant and Simon Bisley, with a Glenn Fabry cover from 2008, and Overload, from Gordon Rennie and friends with a cover by Graeme Neil Reid.
In Swipe File we present two or more images that resemble each other to some degree. They may be homages, parodies, ironic appropriations, coincidences or works of the lightbox. We trust you, the reader, to make that judgment yourself? If you are unable to do so, please return your eyes to their maker before any further damage is done. The Swipe File doesn’t judge, it’s interested more in the process of creation, how work influences other work, how new work comes from old, and sometimes how the same ideas emerge simultaneously, as if their time has just come. The Swipe File was named after the advertising industry habit where writers and artist collect images and lines they admire to inspire them in their work. It was swiped from the Comic Journal who originally ran this column, as well as the now defunct Swipe Of The Week website.
- Marvel Releases First Poster For ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ At San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2017
- Footage From Kingsman 2: The Golden Circle Shown At San Diego Comic-Con – And Channing Tatum Just Showed Up - July 20, 2017
- ‘Asterix’ Sets A 5 Million Print Run For Its First Printing - July 20, 2017
- Thought Bubble Anthology 2017 Features Jason Aaron, Jen Bartel, Cecil Castellucci, Brandon Graham, Jody Houser, Jason Latour, Emi Lenox, Simon Roy, Marley Zarcone (VISUAL UPDATE) - July 20, 2017
- Have DC Masterclass Artists For Dark Matter Only Signed Up For 3 Issues Each? - July 20, 2017