Bleeding Cool has reported previously that we expect Ivan Reis to leave Aquaman after issue 16, as part of a DC reshuffle of creators and potentially more cancellations and new books commissioned for January.
And that Ivan Reis will move to draw Justice League Of America, replacing Jim Lee on the comic, and keeping the Geoff Johns Aquaman team still together, but on his one of his other comics.
But it seems that, deprived of Ivan Reis on Aquaman, Geoff Johns will also be leaving that series.
Between them they have done what many saw impossible, totally and utterly revived the reputation of Aquaman in the DC Universe, away from being a joke, to a character who is taken very seriously indeed.
Big flippers to fill… DC Comics declined to reply to enquiries.
- Scott Lobdell Writes Aspen’s Crossover Series, No World, Debuting In April 2017 - January 23, 2017
- Original Art Page From Asterix Breaks Records, Sells For $300,000 - January 23, 2017
- Ed Begley Jr Investigates Giant Robot Building With February’s “Build” Loot Crate - January 23, 2017
- Titan Has A Bunch Of Dark Souls And Assassin’s Creed Comics Out For April 2017… - January 23, 2017
- DC Comics Admits That Batman/The Shadow By Scott Snyder, Steve Orlando And Riley Rossmo – Exists - January 23, 2017