Marvel have selected James Gunn as their man to take charge of The Guardians of the Galaxy. He has appropriate experience in the sense that Super and The Specials were comic book films, of sorts, and Slither was full of aliens.
And, well, he did write the Scooby Doo films so he’s got that talking CG animal thing under his belt too.
Other candidates on the list included Bring It On‘s Peyton Reed, who would have been my choice, and the very surprising duo of Ryan Fleck and Anna Boden, directors of Half Nelson and A Funny Thing Happened.
Accoding to The Hollywood Reporter, Marvel:
like Gunn’s sensibility and his ability to mix comedy elements with action and horror.
Horror? Maybe they just like it, in general, because I can’t see it’s too important for this project.
I’m happy to see Gunn getting a break like this. Now can Marvel rifle through the rest of Troma’s old payrolls please?
And… with both James Gunn and Joss Whedon on the creative staff, surely their man Nathan Fillion must get a part?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014