We know President Obama is a bit of a comic book geek, expressing a love of the Spider-Man and Conan comics. But what superpower would he like? You know, aside from being President and all.
He told KOB-FM in New Mexico a lot about his personal tastes, food, music… and then they asked what superpower he would like to have. Rather than being asked about national and internetional policy or the election campaign. He replied;
This sounds kinda a weird superpower but, if I had something that I could immediately wish for, I would love to be able to speak any language. Now that’s a weird superpower, I know that it might not come in handy to rescue folks from a burning building but I’ve always wished that whatever country I’ve went to, wherever I’ve met somebody who spoke a different language that right away I could speak their language. im a great believer in making connections with people. But if it;s like an Avengers superpower, then the whole flying thing is pretty good… You can’t beat swooping around, that looks like it might be fun.
Basically that’s the superpower of Doug Ramsey, Cypher of the New Mutants…
You can hear the interview here
- A Look Behind The Walls Of The LEGO Booth At New York Toy Fair 2017 - February 21, 2017
- The Orbital Comics 2000AD Gallery For The 40th Anniversary – Beyond The Comic - February 21, 2017
- Cover Story: Jae Lee Takes On Jim Henson’s Power Of The Dark Crystal For FOC… - February 20, 2017
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics Solicits For May 2017 – Secret Empire, Warriors, Guardians, Zombies, Black Bolt And Star Wars - February 20, 2017
- Free On Bleeding Cool For President’s Day: Fissure #1 By Tim Daniel And Patricio Delpeche From Vault - February 20, 2017