We know President Obama is a bit of a comic book geek, expressing a love of the Spider-Man and Conan comics. But what superpower would he like? You know, aside from being President and all.
He told KOB-FM in New Mexico a lot about his personal tastes, food, music… and then they asked what superpower he would like to have. Rather than being asked about national and internetional policy or the election campaign. He replied;
This sounds kinda a weird superpower but, if I had something that I could immediately wish for, I would love to be able to speak any language. Now that’s a weird superpower, I know that it might not come in handy to rescue folks from a burning building but I’ve always wished that whatever country I’ve went to, wherever I’ve met somebody who spoke a different language that right away I could speak their language. im a great believer in making connections with people. But if it;s like an Avengers superpower, then the whole flying thing is pretty good… You can’t beat swooping around, that looks like it might be fun.
Basically that’s the superpower of Doug Ramsey, Cypher of the New Mutants…
You can hear the interview here
- Marvel Panel At Baltimore Comic-Con: “Many People Feel As Though Marvel Just Hadn’t Been Feeling Right” - September 23, 2017
- Dark Ark #1 By Cullen Bunn And Joe Doe Sells Out And Goes To Second Printing - September 23, 2017
- Frank Cho Has A New Fan Of His Wonder Woman Art - September 23, 2017
- Heroes & Villains Fan Fest New York 2017: Cosplay, Gotham, And Barrowman - September 23, 2017
- The AfterShock Table At Baltimore Comic-Con - September 23, 2017