Svetlana Khodchenkova will be playing Viper in The Wolverine, as per the film’s Facebook page. Or at least as per the film’s Facebook page an hour ago – the information has since been deleted. What does that mean? That she’s supposed to be secret? Or that she hasn’t actually been cast?
I’d imagine it’s the former, but stranger things have happened.
For the record, the only two cast names now remaining are Hugh Jackman and Will Yun Lee.
Or I’m reading it wrong. I did try holding it up to a candle to see if any lemon juice turned brown, but nothing.
The page has also been updated by Fox with this plot blurb:
Based on the celebrated comic book arc, The Wolverine finds Logan, the eternal warrior and outsider, in Japan. There, samurai steel will clash with adamantium claw as Logan confronts a mysterious figure from his past in an epic battle that will leave him forever changed.
That remains unedited. Also standing is a credit that names both Christopher McQuarrie and Mark Bomback as screenwriters. McQuarrie’s draft of the script was, I’m told, truly exceptional.
The Wolverine is set for release on July 26 2013.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014