Nicola Bryant played Doctor Who companion Perpugilliam Brown on in the eighties, opposite Peter Davison and Colin Baker. She’s now the partner of Nev Fountain, a fellow I used to know when we both wrote for BBC Radio 4’s Weekending show. He went on to fame and semi-fortune with Dead Ringers, an impression show that was suitably obsessed with Doctor Who and, in the process, found himself getting to know Nicola better. As you do.
But it was Nicola who managed to get a ticket to the Doctor Who screening through a friend of a friend of a friend. And Nev who found himself working instead.
Still, he made up for it afterwards, taking these photos of Nicola, Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill together, tweeting “The three companions.”
You know, I’ve always thought that a multi-companion Fiftieth Anniversary episode would make more sense than a multi-Doctor one…
- Reviewing By The Numbers: A Tarnished Tintin For Grown Ups - January 22, 2017
- More Comics Folk Attend Anti-Trump Women’s Marches Around The World #WomensMarch - January 21, 2017
- James Hudnall Pleads For His Friends To Give Trump A Chance - January 21, 2017
- Comics Folk React To (Or Are Part Of) The Women’s Marches Against Donald Trump - January 21, 2017
- Peter Capaldi Joins The Anti-Trump Women’s March In London – Potential Spoiler For The 13th Doctor? - January 21, 2017