Nicola Bryant played Doctor Who companion Perpugilliam Brown on in the eighties, opposite Peter Davison and Colin Baker. She’s now the partner of Nev Fountain, a fellow I used to know when we both wrote for BBC Radio 4’s Weekending show. He went on to fame and semi-fortune with Dead Ringers, an impression show that was suitably obsessed with Doctor Who and, in the process, found himself getting to know Nicola better. As you do.
But it was Nicola who managed to get a ticket to the Doctor Who screening through a friend of a friend of a friend. And Nev who found himself working instead.
Still, he made up for it afterwards, taking these photos of Nicola, Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill together, tweeting “The three companions.”
You know, I’ve always thought that a multi-companion Fiftieth Anniversary episode would make more sense than a multi-Doctor one…
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: On Thin Ice – From Black Jesus To Punching Nazis - April 29, 2017
- Comic Creators At Ru Paul’s Drag Con, In Los Angeles This Weekend - April 29, 2017
- Separated At Birth – Moonstruck And Brave Chef Brianna? - April 29, 2017
- No, Calgary, Wonder Woman Isn’t Published By Marvel Comics… - April 29, 2017
- George Pérez Not At East Coast Comic Con Today, Amid Health Concerns - April 29, 2017