They’ve been missing from solicitations for a while. Now Marvel’s Jeph York has confirmed it.
Okay, after three months of solicits with no Premiere Classic HCs in them, I should probably end the suspense and make this official:
Marvel has ended the Premiere Classic hardcover line.
They’ll still be collecting modern series in Premiere-sized HCs, and the Omnibus, OHC and Masterworks programs are not in danger. But the Premiere Classic line is being put to bed with volume #107.
Sorry, guys. I know quite a few of you loved them.
Marvel Premiere Classic was a hardcover line that collected classic comics in a similar fashion to the way new comics were being collected, and had two covers, one with a standard cover, the other showing a cover of one of the comics inside, inset.
Marvel’s bookstore sales have suffered a number of setbacks of late, and I know some retailers are just waiting for the now-inevitable liquidations before ordering large numbers.
- Image Comics To Publish 30 Walking Dead Tribute Variant Covers In October - July 27, 2017
- Captain America #695 Lenticular Cover By Alex Ross Homages John Romita Jr. And Bob Layton’s Iron Man - July 27, 2017
- Rich Johnston At The London Film And Comic Con Tomorrow, Table 38 - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of That Feminist Agenda T-Shirt (Marvel Comics Spoilers) - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of Wizard Magazine: A Guide To Comics? - July 27, 2017