They’ve been missing from solicitations for a while. Now Marvel’s Jeph York has confirmed it.
Okay, after three months of solicits with no Premiere Classic HCs in them, I should probably end the suspense and make this official:
Marvel has ended the Premiere Classic hardcover line.
They’ll still be collecting modern series in Premiere-sized HCs, and the Omnibus, OHC and Masterworks programs are not in danger. But the Premiere Classic line is being put to bed with volume #107.
Sorry, guys. I know quite a few of you loved them.
Marvel Premiere Classic was a hardcover line that collected classic comics in a similar fashion to the way new comics were being collected, and had two covers, one with a standard cover, the other showing a cover of one of the comics inside, inset.
Marvel’s bookstore sales have suffered a number of setbacks of late, and I know some retailers are just waiting for the now-inevitable liquidations before ordering large numbers.
- Two TV Commercials From DC Comics For the New Age of Heroes Line - January 17, 2018
- For Those of You Still Reading Generation X… Something Special For Jubilee (#86 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Brian Wood and Jorge Coelho’s Robocop: Citizens Arrest Looks to Explore Social Justice - January 17, 2018
- Ludocrats from Kieron Gillen, David Lafuente, and Jim Rossignol is Coming Soon, Honest - January 17, 2018
- Now Glénat to Publish Conan Comics, as It’s All Public Domain in Europe - January 17, 2018