They’ve been missing from solicitations for a while. Now Marvel’s Jeph York has confirmed it.
Okay, after three months of solicits with no Premiere Classic HCs in them, I should probably end the suspense and make this official:
Marvel has ended the Premiere Classic hardcover line.
They’ll still be collecting modern series in Premiere-sized HCs, and the Omnibus, OHC and Masterworks programs are not in danger. But the Premiere Classic line is being put to bed with volume #107.
Sorry, guys. I know quite a few of you loved them.
Marvel Premiere Classic was a hardcover line that collected classic comics in a similar fashion to the way new comics were being collected, and had two covers, one with a standard cover, the other showing a cover of one of the comics inside, inset.
Marvel’s bookstore sales have suffered a number of setbacks of late, and I know some retailers are just waiting for the now-inevitable liquidations before ordering large numbers.
- Marvel Reveals One Of Their Secret Free Comic Book Day Title To Be Guardians AND Defenders - January 18, 2017
- In Today’s Amazing Spider-Man, No One Is Talking About Sins Past, Least Of All Dan Slott - January 18, 2017
- A World With So, So Many Supermen – Trinity And Superman Spoilers - January 18, 2017
- Does Doctor Who Make Another Visit To Today’s Clone Conspiracy#4? (SPOILERS) - January 18, 2017
- Now It’s Time For Justice League Vs Suicide Squad To Make A DC Watchmen Reference (SPOILERS) - January 18, 2017