They’ve been missing from solicitations for a while. Now Marvel’s Jeph York has confirmed it.
Okay, after three months of solicits with no Premiere Classic HCs in them, I should probably end the suspense and make this official:
Marvel has ended the Premiere Classic hardcover line.
They’ll still be collecting modern series in Premiere-sized HCs, and the Omnibus, OHC and Masterworks programs are not in danger. But the Premiere Classic line is being put to bed with volume #107.
Sorry, guys. I know quite a few of you loved them.
Marvel Premiere Classic was a hardcover line that collected classic comics in a similar fashion to the way new comics were being collected, and had two covers, one with a standard cover, the other showing a cover of one of the comics inside, inset.
Marvel’s bookstore sales have suffered a number of setbacks of late, and I know some retailers are just waiting for the now-inevitable liquidations before ordering large numbers.
- Rewriting Superman From Scratch In Action Comics #978 – With A Little Help From Secret Origin - April 24, 2017
- The Fake Jack Kirby Art That Sold For Over $2500 On eBay? - April 24, 2017
- Let’s All Watch A Video About How Diamond Have Changed Their Olive Branch Distribution Centre - April 24, 2017
- Does Your Copy Of Secret Empire #0 Have A Misprint On Page 2? - April 24, 2017
- Process Is The Topic of the Day At C2E2’s Writing For Comics Panel - April 24, 2017