Here are the first scenes from Star Trek Continues, an impressively authentic-looking unofficial web series that promises to spin-off the original series for more of that very particular flavour of Trek fun.
A good part of the authenticity comes with the casting of Chris Doohan, James Doohan’s son, as Scotty. Meanwhile, Mythbusters’ Grant Imahara is playing Sulu, while the role of Kirk has gone to Vic Mignogna, anime and video game voice over artist.
But definitely the most impressive thing about the production is the sheen of it. The sets look absolutely as accurate as a casual Trek watcher like myself could ever hope to identify, and the lighting seems spot-on too. It’s a dazzling piece of pastiche.
There’s not actually any more material in the can yet, with production on the first ‘episode’ set in October. Assuming, of course, that Paramount’s lawyers don’t find a reason to open the trapdoor in the meantime.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014