Deadline‘s report on Ben Affleck‘s involvement with Warner Bros. Justice League film is less a piece of reportage than a bit of flag waving.
The gist is this: they say that they didn’t scoop Variety on the big Justice League story “days ago” because Ben Affleck’s people have already told them we won’t take the gig.
“Several sources” have apparently said to Deadline that Affleck might take a meeting with the studio about the film, but he certainly won’t direct it.
Which is to say, Deadline are saying that Affleck’s people are saying that he’s about to waste both his and the studio’s time on a meeting about a film he certainly isn’t going to direct.
Assuming that this can be believe, I can only read it as playing hard to get by Affleck and team, if filtered through a bit of Variety-trashing by Nikki Finke and Deadline.
Which probably goes some way to convincing me Affleck might actually be wanting the gig.
I don’t know. This silliness has got me second guessing my second guesses now.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014