With the New 52 and Before Watchmen, Girl With A Dragon Tattoo and Get Jiro taking all the DC headlines, it’s worth checking for a couple of projects that may go amiss otherwise.
The first is Lot 13 by Steve Niles and Glenn Fabry, originally comissioned as a Wildstorm creator owned mini-series, it’s tucked in the DC solicitations between Mad Magazine and a Gears Of War collection. Bleeding Cool have been previewing it for a couple of years, here’s a reminder of some of the art;
And then from Vertigo, there is Ghosts, an anthology of spooky stories, also with a Hallowe’en market in mind. “Stories spotlight a space heist on a ghost ship, a spirit who wants to play synthesizer in a techno band, a ghost-for-hire haunting agency and others dark, twisted tales.” The creators are Geoff Johns, Gilbert Hernandez, Phil Jimenez, Joe Kubert, Jeff Lemire, John McCrea, Amy Reeder Hadley, Paul Pope and Neil Kleid with covers by Dave Johnson and Brendan McCarthy.
Two new DC comics that are in danger of being rather overlooked. Just thought they were worth pointing out.
- Reviewing By The Numbers: A Tarnished Tintin For Grown Ups - January 22, 2017
- More Comics Folk Attend Anti-Trump Women’s Marches Around The World #WomensMarch - January 21, 2017
- James Hudnall Pleads For His Friends To Give Trump A Chance - January 21, 2017
- Comics Folk React To (Or Are Part Of) The Women’s Marches Against Donald Trump - January 21, 2017
- Peter Capaldi Joins The Anti-Trump Women’s March In London – Potential Spoiler For The 13th Doctor? - January 21, 2017