With the New 52 and Before Watchmen, Girl With A Dragon Tattoo and Get Jiro taking all the DC headlines, it’s worth checking for a couple of projects that may go amiss otherwise.
The first is Lot 13 by Steve Niles and Glenn Fabry, originally comissioned as a Wildstorm creator owned mini-series, it’s tucked in the DC solicitations between Mad Magazine and a Gears Of War collection. Bleeding Cool have been previewing it for a couple of years, here’s a reminder of some of the art;
And then from Vertigo, there is Ghosts, an anthology of spooky stories, also with a Hallowe’en market in mind. “Stories spotlight a space heist on a ghost ship, a spirit who wants to play synthesizer in a techno band, a ghost-for-hire haunting agency and others dark, twisted tales.” The creators are Geoff Johns, Gilbert Hernandez, Phil Jimenez, Joe Kubert, Jeff Lemire, John McCrea, Amy Reeder Hadley, Paul Pope and Neil Kleid with covers by Dave Johnson and Brendan McCarthy.
Two new DC comics that are in danger of being rather overlooked. Just thought they were worth pointing out.
- After Sixty Years, André Franquin’s Gaston To Be (Finally) Translated Into English, As Gomer Goof - February 19, 2017
- Watching Apple Tree Yard: Sex, Lies And Video Tape - February 19, 2017
- 88 Photos And Videos From New York Toy Fair 2017 Day One - February 19, 2017
- 52 Stories From ComicsPRO – Time To Catch Up On What You Missed Out On - February 18, 2017
- Cover Stories: Red Sonja To Riverdale To Robotech, From J Scott Campbell, Artgerm And More - February 18, 2017