With the New 52 and Before Watchmen, Girl With A Dragon Tattoo and Get Jiro taking all the DC headlines, it’s worth checking for a couple of projects that may go amiss otherwise.
The first is Lot 13 by Steve Niles and Glenn Fabry, originally comissioned as a Wildstorm creator owned mini-series, it’s tucked in the DC solicitations between Mad Magazine and a Gears Of War collection. Bleeding Cool have been previewing it for a couple of years, here’s a reminder of some of the art;
And then from Vertigo, there is Ghosts, an anthology of spooky stories, also with a Hallowe’en market in mind. “Stories spotlight a space heist on a ghost ship, a spirit who wants to play synthesizer in a techno band, a ghost-for-hire haunting agency and others dark, twisted tales.” The creators are Geoff Johns, Gilbert Hernandez, Phil Jimenez, Joe Kubert, Jeff Lemire, John McCrea, Amy Reeder Hadley, Paul Pope and Neil Kleid with covers by Dave Johnson and Brendan McCarthy.
Two new DC comics that are in danger of being rather overlooked. Just thought they were worth pointing out.
- Buzz and Pat Broderick, the New Inker Ambassadors for the Inkwell Awards - January 16, 2018
- Old Man Hawkeye #1 and Venom #160 Go to Second Printings - January 16, 2018
- Neil Gaiman Announces Paperback of Norse Mythology for Tuesday, March 6th - January 16, 2018
- Finally – Frank Miller’s 300 Prequel, Xerxes, from Dark Horse Comics in April 2018 - January 16, 2018
- So… Why Is Marvel Not Cancelling Their Lowest-Selling Comics? - January 16, 2018