With the New 52 and Before Watchmen, Girl With A Dragon Tattoo and Get Jiro taking all the DC headlines, it’s worth checking for a couple of projects that may go amiss otherwise.
The first is Lot 13 by Steve Niles and Glenn Fabry, originally comissioned as a Wildstorm creator owned mini-series, it’s tucked in the DC solicitations between Mad Magazine and a Gears Of War collection. Bleeding Cool have been previewing it for a couple of years, here’s a reminder of some of the art;
And then from Vertigo, there is Ghosts, an anthology of spooky stories, also with a Hallowe’en market in mind. “Stories spotlight a space heist on a ghost ship, a spirit who wants to play synthesizer in a techno band, a ghost-for-hire haunting agency and others dark, twisted tales.” The creators are Geoff Johns, Gilbert Hernandez, Phil Jimenez, Joe Kubert, Jeff Lemire, John McCrea, Amy Reeder Hadley, Paul Pope and Neil Kleid with covers by Dave Johnson and Brendan McCarthy.
Two new DC comics that are in danger of being rather overlooked. Just thought they were worth pointing out.
- A Drinking, Dancing Pig Explores His Weird World In ‘Hamfam’, Now On Kickstarter - August 19, 2017
- ‘Mech Cadet Yu’ By Greg Pak And Takeshi Miyazawa Will Be An Ongoing Series - August 19, 2017
- We Talk To The Supergirl Cosplayer “Along For The Ride” At The White Nationalist Rally In Charlottesville - August 19, 2017
- Writer’s Perspective: What I Learned From Creating ‘Robots Vs. Princesses’ - August 19, 2017
- Comic Store In Your Future: The Secret Empire Sales Drop - August 19, 2017