In this picture, Clint Eastwood plays a legendary baseball scout who is now losing his sight. His daughter, played by Amy Adams, has “a dysfunctional sense of responsibility” towards Clint’s character. Then there’s a bit of sentiment that flies in the face of everything Moneyball was selling us.
And, yes, I’m trying to make it sound pretty formulaic, if not flat out weak. Just managing your expectations for when you click play on this trailer.
See, I left Justin Timberlake as a surprise for you. I wasn’t spoiling everything.
The film was directed by Robert Lorenz, though it has a whiff of Clint’s own work about it in several shots, I’d say. The script was written by Randy Brown. It’s the first film for each – or at least in these roles; Lorenz was the first assistant director on several of Clint’s films.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014