Walter Salles‘ film of Jack Kerouac‘s novel is likely to open in the US this December, but the UK release is set some three months ahead on 21st September. As such, we’re likely to see a lot of promotions for the film on these shores throughout the coming weeks.
Starting with this trailer, released today.
That steps things up just a little from the previous US trailer.
It still seems like a joke that the film of On The Road, when it finally came along after five decades of failed attempts, ended up starring the chap out of Tron: Legacy and the girl out of Twilight.
Now, while I can’t imagine the box office for On The Road is going to be hurt too much, it faces a double boycott. Judging from Twitter, there’s a group of “Kristen Stewart fans” who are protesting this film because she’s not abstinent in it; and then there’s the group of Robert Pattinson fans who are blacking out all of Stewart’s films because of her recent infidelities.
Two pretty small boycotts from audiences who hardly overlap with the key demo for either Salles or Kerouac. The biggest impact this is going to have, I think, is the reduced likelihood of somebody talking or texting during a screening.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014