A Little Bleeder in Manhattan writes;
Was walking to work this morning and saw this ad on 47th Street, between Madison and Fifth avenues. First time I can ever recall seeing an ad like that for a comic, OGN, whatever.
It is a rarity. Though I do remember an experience as a teenager going up the elevator at Tottenham Court Road tube station in London as smiley faces from Watchmen flashed by me in quite a psychedelic fashion. Probably an ad for Forbidden Planet, but it wasn’t long after that it was adopted as a symbol for the acid house movement…
- Three Marvel Characters Return To Secret Empire #5 – This Is A Big Bad Spoiler About Just One Of Them - June 27, 2017
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today, And It’s Batman Season For Elmer Fudd – A Comic Show - June 27, 2017
- Tom King Teases Two Pages Of Mister Miracle #1 - June 27, 2017
- Shirtless Bear-Fighter Tears Through First Printing, Goes To Second - June 27, 2017
- Washington DC’s Awesome Con 2017: A Con Continually On The Verge Of Something Big - June 27, 2017