Okay someone is going to call this “Watson And Homeys”. But not me.
Watson And Holmes is a new upcoming digital comic book, the latest in a batch to take advantage of Sherlock Holmes falling out of copyright. I’m surprising Dynamite didn’t try to trademake him yet. Anyway, this is much like the BBC Sherlock and the NBC Elementary in that it takes the characters and cast of Sherlock Holmes and transfers them to the modern day.
The difference here, and let’s be honest, probably its selling point, is that the main characters are black. Sherlock Holmes was always an urban story, now that takes on new meaning.
The comic is published by Brandon Perlow, written by Karl Bollers, drawn by Spider-Man 2099‘s Rick Leonardi. And yes, it’s been a while since we heard that name – he has a batch of DC work, but nothing since the New 52 relaunch
- 26 DC Comics Covers For September: Greg Capullo, Jason Fabok, Bill Sienkiewicz, Bryan Hitch, And More Metal - August 23, 2017
- Christopher MacBride To Adapt Scott Snyder And Jeff Lemire’s ‘A.D.: After Death’ For Sony - August 23, 2017
- X-O Manowar #6 Gives Aric A Brand New Look, But Is It The One We Want? - August 23, 2017
- Today’s Deadpool Channels Marvel’s ‘Star Comics’ To Get Past Its Roughest Scene - August 23, 2017
- Titan Comics Publishing A Comic With A New Doctor, In November 2017 Solicits - August 23, 2017