Okay someone is going to call this “Watson And Homeys”. But not me.
Watson And Holmes is a new upcoming digital comic book, the latest in a batch to take advantage of Sherlock Holmes falling out of copyright. I’m surprising Dynamite didn’t try to trademake him yet. Anyway, this is much like the BBC Sherlock and the NBC Elementary in that it takes the characters and cast of Sherlock Holmes and transfers them to the modern day.
The difference here, and let’s be honest, probably its selling point, is that the main characters are black. Sherlock Holmes was always an urban story, now that takes on new meaning.
The comic is published by Brandon Perlow, written by Karl Bollers, drawn by Spider-Man 2099‘s Rick Leonardi. And yes, it’s been a while since we heard that name – he has a batch of DC work, but nothing since the New 52 relaunch
- Northguard Season 2 #1 and #2 Both Published Tomorrow – Here’s a Preview of Both - January 23, 2018
- 24-Page Preview of Telepathetic #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 23, 2018
- Titan Comics to Republish Original Deadline Tank Girl Strips in Colour - January 23, 2018
- A Sneek Peak at McFarlane Toys’s New Stranger Things Ghostbusters Action Figures - January 23, 2018
- DC Comics April 2018 Catalog – Solicits From Action Comics #1000 to Splitting Batman In Two… - January 22, 2018