Okay someone is going to call this “Watson And Homeys”. But not me.
Watson And Holmes is a new upcoming digital comic book, the latest in a batch to take advantage of Sherlock Holmes falling out of copyright. I’m surprising Dynamite didn’t try to trademake him yet. Anyway, this is much like the BBC Sherlock and the NBC Elementary in that it takes the characters and cast of Sherlock Holmes and transfers them to the modern day.
The difference here, and let’s be honest, probably its selling point, is that the main characters are black. Sherlock Holmes was always an urban story, now that takes on new meaning.
The comic is published by Brandon Perlow, written by Karl Bollers, drawn by Spider-Man 2099‘s Rick Leonardi. And yes, it’s been a while since we heard that name – he has a batch of DC work, but nothing since the New 52 relaunch
- ‘Ninjak Vs. The Valiant Universe’ Footage from ‘Bat In The Sun’ Shown At SDCC - July 23, 2017
- Announcing The Winners Of The 2017 Diamond ‘Best Practice Awards’ For Comic Retailers - July 23, 2017
- Charlize Theron Kicks Ass At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- An Hour With Adam Savage - July 23, 2017
- The DC Masterclass Panel Welcomes Latecomers, From Dan DiDio To Greg Capullo To Frank Miller - July 22, 2017