Okay someone is going to call this “Watson And Homeys”. But not me.
Watson And Holmes is a new upcoming digital comic book, the latest in a batch to take advantage of Sherlock Holmes falling out of copyright. I’m surprising Dynamite didn’t try to trademake him yet. Anyway, this is much like the BBC Sherlock and the NBC Elementary in that it takes the characters and cast of Sherlock Holmes and transfers them to the modern day.
The difference here, and let’s be honest, probably its selling point, is that the main characters are black. Sherlock Holmes was always an urban story, now that takes on new meaning.
The comic is published by Brandon Perlow, written by Karl Bollers, drawn by Spider-Man 2099‘s Rick Leonardi. And yes, it’s been a while since we heard that name – he has a batch of DC work, but nothing since the New 52 relaunch
- Speculator Corner – Grass Kings #1 Heats Up Ahead Of #2 Shipping - March 30, 2017
- Marvel Comics Brings Back “Buy Physical, Get Digital” Codes – But Only If You Ask Nicely - March 30, 2017
- Amazon Won’t Sell You Saga #43 For 25 Cents But They Will Give You Discount On Saga #44 - March 30, 2017
- No Place Like Comics For Angelo Tirotto - March 30, 2017
- Tony Isabella Is Against A Black Lightning/Static Shock Crossover - March 30, 2017