Okay someone is going to call this “Watson And Homeys”. But not me.
Watson And Holmes is a new upcoming digital comic book, the latest in a batch to take advantage of Sherlock Holmes falling out of copyright. I’m surprising Dynamite didn’t try to trademake him yet. Anyway, this is much like the BBC Sherlock and the NBC Elementary in that it takes the characters and cast of Sherlock Holmes and transfers them to the modern day.
The difference here, and let’s be honest, probably its selling point, is that the main characters are black. Sherlock Holmes was always an urban story, now that takes on new meaning.
The comic is published by Brandon Perlow, written by Karl Bollers, drawn by Spider-Man 2099‘s Rick Leonardi. And yes, it’s been a while since we heard that name – he has a batch of DC work, but nothing since the New 52 relaunch
- John Tyler Christopher Switches From Action Figure To Trading Card Covers – And Jim Lee’s Astonishing X-Men 1:1000 Variant Revealed - June 22, 2017
- Marvel Promises Marvel Legacy Will Affect Every Hero, Every Title, Every Story, Announced Tomorrow - June 22, 2017
- Dave Sim Does Superman For Aardvark Comics #1 - June 22, 2017
- Gendercrunching April 2017 – Marvel Comics, DC, Image, Dark Horse And IDW - June 22, 2017
- Expect A “Return To Planet Hulk” With Marvel Legacy - June 22, 2017