Our first clues as to what the third Hobbit movie will be called – third as in the third conceived, not necessarily the third released – came with some domain name registrations.
At that time, the contenders were Riddles in the Dark and The Desolation of Smaug. We had our favourite, so did you.
But now, we have titles that have been explicitly registered as titles for movies. According to The One Ring, the contenders are, once again, The Desolation of Smaug and a new option, The Battle of Five Armies.
That’s two pointers towards Smaug, one towards Armies and it looks like Riddles is out of the race.
And sorry if that sounds like a bit of sports commentary, but I’m being assailed by 360 degree Olympics right now, and will be for almost two more weeks.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Armies take it. It’s not like the subtitle to a Hobbit film is going to have a huge impact on its box office, but that one does have rather epic implications.
Of course, there’s always the possibility that both of these will be needed and There And Back Again just finds itself on the scrap heap.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014