We’ve known since last year that Billy Bob Thornton was plotting a return to the red and white suit for Bad Santa 2, but what a lot of people were waiting on was news of whether Terry Zwigoff would be returning as director. Apparently this won’t be the case, as Deadline reported today that Steve Pink is currently in talks to direct and also to rewrite Johnny Rosenthal‘s script.
As well as directing recent comedy films Accepted and Hot Tub Time Machine, Pink was also a co-writer on Grosse Pointe Blank and High Fidelity, although in the case of the latter film all the best lines (and about 80% of the dialogue) were lifted directly from the novel, causing author Nick Hornby to comment, “At times, it appears to be a film in which John Cusack reads my book.”
Pink also appears to be attached in a directorial role to The True Memoirs of an International Assassin, a film about an author who finds himself thrown into the world of assassination and intrigue he has created after publishers accidentally change his book from fiction to non-fiction. It sounds like an interesting idea but there’s no word so far on when (or if) it’s going to happen.
- Jackie Chan Confirms Role In The Expendables 3 - December 17, 2012
- Garrett Hedlund Confirms Attachment To TRON 3 - December 13, 2012
- Lincoln And Argo Lead The 2013 Golden Globes Nominations - December 13, 2012
- James McAvoy And Mark Strong Star In New Trailer For Brit Action Thriller Welcome To The Punch - December 11, 2012
- The Asylum Finally Have One Of Their Mockbusters Blocked As Lawyers Stop Age Of The Hobbits - December 10, 2012