John Leguizamo might have a few skeletons in his IMDB closet, but he’s at least committed to taking a variety of roles, and often in some very interesting projects. He’s also really very good, and not only when the material is strong.
His next three gigs sound pretty distinct from one another, and all being well, each will offer its own distinct pleasures.
Next up, it would seem, is a role in Ridley Scott‘s currently-shooting crime drama, The Counselor. Based on an original script by Cormac McCarthy, the film is a deal-gone-wrong drugs drama starring Michael Fassbender and Brad Pitt. Leguizamo’s role, say Deadline, would be “a low level drug dealer.”
The Leguizamo would move over to Jeff Wadlow‘s Kick-Ass 2 and essay the role of Javier, The Red Mist’s number one bodyguard.
But the big gear change would come after this, as Leguizamo will be, as previously revealed, starring as Derek ‘Del Boy’ Trotter in ABC’s US version of BBC flagship sitcom Only Fools and Horses, alongside Christopher Lloyd as his Grandfather, and Dustin Ybarra as his little brother Rodney. Everybody in England reading this will have done an involuntary squint, shake of the head or grimace somewhere in that sentence, I think.
Leguizamo was cast in the Del Boy role a little while back and I’d expected they’d be shooting sooner, but apparently not. Still, can’t wait to see it and squint, shake my head and maybe grimace some more.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014