From that quite spectacular Olympic Ceremony tonight, we saw Voldemort amongst other villains from British children’s literature, such as the Childcatcher, Cruella De Ville, The Queen Of Hearts and more, soundly defeated by Mary Poppins in multitude, in a tribute to literature, the National Health Service and the Great Ormond Street Hospital.
And the final battle (SPOILERS) of League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Century between The Boy Who Lived and a Spoonful Of Sugar…
In Swipe File we present two or more images that resemble each other to some degree. They may be homages, parodies, ironic appropriations, coincidences or works of the lightbox. We trust you, the reader, to make that judgment yourself? If you are unable to do so, please return your eyes to their maker before any further damage is done. The Swipe File doesn’t judge, it’s interested more in the process of creation, how work influences other work, how new work comes from old, and sometimes how the same ideas emerge simultaneously, as if their time has just come. The Swipe File was named after the advertising industry habit where writers and artist collect images and lines they admire to inspire them in their work. It was swiped from the Comic Journal who originally ran this column, as well as the now defunct Swipe Of The Week website.
- Blackbird, When Harry Potter Meets Riverdale from Sam Humphries and Jen Bartel from Image Comics - February 21, 2018
- “What if Arya Stark Had a Witchblade?” New Medieval Spawn/Witchblade to be an AR Comic - February 21, 2018
- Todd McFarlane to Publish Spawn Kills Everyone 2 - February 21, 2018
- Rob Liefeld’s Bloodstrike Brutalists Announced at Image Expo 2018 - February 21, 2018
- Image Comics to Publish Netflix Comics’ The Magic Order from Mark Millar and Olivier Coipel - February 21, 2018