Juan José Campanella‘s The Secret In Their Eyes won the Best Film in a Foreign Language Oscar a couple of years back, largely for being slick, and tense, and having one, big, watercooler talking point shot. For his follow up, Campanella has been making a CG animated film in which the characters are those little plastic chaps on the rods of a table football game.
Called Metegol at home, I believe the film is to be called Foosball in the US.
That actually looks like it might be tremendously exciting.
Well, pending a good story and characters. But at least the running around, kicking and chesting stuff has been pulled off nicely. And I’m most amused by that array of “footballer types.”
Here’s the first trailer, which plays a different tone. I have to say, I like the light-and-dark here. Makes the film seem to have at least a modicum of variety, if not exactly “depth.”
Thanks to Animatie for the heads up.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014