It began with Superman inspirational poster by Canadian illustrator Kerrith Johnson, playing off of the famous Superman: The Motion Picture tagline.
It was created years ago for a history of graphic design course, and based on a poster by Joseph Binder for the Vienna Music and Theater festival in 1924.
It just didn’t stop there.
After initially posting the Superman poster on his blog a few weeks ago, accompanied by Batman and Wonder Woman in similar styles, he’s continued, and spread out through DC and into Marvel.
He’s now creating “Believe” themed inspirational posters for anyone who, well, likes that sort of thing… and is fed up with photos of sharks, kittens in footwear or other manipulative contraptions.
So let’s run a bunch of them!
Kerrith is also looking to create a series of supervillian comic-themed posters around the word “Accept” as well…
- Lying in the Gutters – 18th February 2018 – Everyone’s Talking About Poison Ivy - February 18, 2018
- Reports of Drink Spiking After Katsucon this Weekend - February 18, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, 18th February 2018, “Surprised How Many Passed On Star Wars: Thrawn“ - February 18, 2018
- Head of Anima Matsuri Threatens Lolita Cosplay Reporter with Legal Action Over Criticism/Cyberbullying, Depending on Your Take - February 18, 2018
- Unto Us in Bethlehem, a New Comic Shop is Born: Steel City Comics - February 18, 2018