In an interview with Dan DiDio and Jim Lee for ICV2, we started to get a feel for the seasons at DC Comics. A New 52 event in the autumn, and a non-New 52 exploitation in the spring. So Spring will give us Before Watchmen and Sandman Zero, and September gives us the New 52 launch, the Zero issues and now… a New 52 line-wide crossover.
We have a couple of plans. I’d love to be able to celebrate the anniversary of “The New 52” with something that feels so special and something that unifies the line thematically (maybe not story-wise). We’re leading to probably our first crossover event in the latter half of next year, but you’re going to see a better continuity developing through the line. Hopefully through the zeroes, we’ll bring some clarity to our characters. There might be some questions on how they came to be five years in “The New 52,” so to speak. What I’m hoping is everyone buys in to what we’re trying to do and it re-introduces people to some of the books they might have sampled, may have gotten away from, and they come back to see what’s happening with the zeroes. Because it’s not just about giving a snapshot or a snippet of what they are in the past, but also setting up stories for the future.
So what for Spring 2014? V 3 Vendetta?
- Rick Veitch’s Maximortal Sequel In Stock At Amazon Right Now - October 19, 2017
- Udon Puts Gisèle Lagacé And David Lumsdon’s Ménage À 3 Into Print In February 2018 - October 19, 2017
- 25 DC Variant Covers By Grampa, Sienkiewicz, Hitch, Lee And More For November Including Metal #4 - October 19, 2017
- Mighty Thor #700, One Of 7 Marvel Legacy Comics Going To Second Print - October 19, 2017
- Will You Have A New Year’s Eve Party, Or Wait For An Avengers #675 Party? - October 19, 2017