Some chose to ignore the request, some didn’t receive it. But, as ever with a distribution inequality, eBay steps in to fill the gap.
Some people, not knowing of the issue, are selling copies for the Buy It Now price of $2.99. Others, more savvy to the situation, have sold copies for up to $30 with the black and white sketch variant selling for $90.
Of course there are tens of thousands of copies waiting in retailer’s back rooms, and in a month they will all be going on sale for cover price. All people are geting for their dollars is additional time to read the comic.
And, in what is probably the least shocking turn of events, the comic has also been pirated with all the regular filehosting sites having copies available for instant download.
Bleeding Cool ran what appears to be the offending content first here, but since then there have been better quality scans sent to us, such as the below;
- From East Asian to Caucasian – Psylocke Switches Back on Wednesday - August 17, 2018
- Court Places 3-Year Restraining Order on Keya Morgan to Stay Away from Stan Lee - August 17, 2018
- All The Reasons Batman’s Atheism Doesn’t Make Sense – and One That Does - August 17, 2018
- Comixology Bestseller List – 17th August 2018 – Batman, Justice League, and WicDiv Top Chart - August 17, 2018
- The Ugly Side of Comics: The Golden Age – Michael Davis, From The Edge - August 17, 2018