We have verified that several scenes for Thor 2, the Marvel movieverse sequel set to get rolling in London and on nearby sound stages this summer, will be filmed underground. Alongside the film’s subtitle, The Dark World, this raises some interesting questions.
Some long tunnels in London will be used for the filming of scenes that, as yet, we haven’t been able to confirm as taking place on Earth, on Asgard or elsewhere. A long tunnel is a long tunnel, though, and when it’s dressed it could be anywhere. But a good long shot, down a real, long tunnel can’t be easily faked on a soundstage.
So why the tunnels?
It would seem that somebody, or something, is staying underground, out of the light.
We too have heard the rumours that there are elves in the film, but while we haven’t been able to verify this independently, it sounds a good mix for the numerous tunnel locations we do know about. In the comics, many of the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim have lived in caverns and underground spaces.
What may also be true is that these dark elves would like to stay underground even on Earth. Perhaps they’ll come here, and perhaps they’ll be running back and forth under our cities? Just a shot… in the dark, I suppose.
The likelihood of Dark Elves would suggest that the role Mads Mikkelsen won, then passed on in favour of Hannibal, was that of Malekith. He certainly has the look.
We’ve got some ears close to the ground (under it even) and we’ll report back once more comes to.. er.. light on Thor 2: The Dark World.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014