May the best man (or woman) win, but no fair using your super powers.
Herkimer, a small village in upstate New York located about an hour or so west of the state capital in Albany, saw its heyday fade several decades ago. However, a new group whose purpose is revitalization throughout the community, is hoping they can get one step closer to reviving the village, with a little help from some friendly, neighborhood super heroes.
On Saturday, August 25, the Village of Herkimer and the revitalization group Herkimer Now, is hosting the “Superhero Sprint,” a non-competitive athletic event from Noon – 3 p.m. on Main Street in the Village of Herkimer.
Organizers say that all those participating in the short races must be dressed in a super hero or super villain costume.
Registration is online at http://herkimersuperherosprint2012.eventbrite.com/ Registration the day of the event is $2 per person, cash only, and all those fee will go toward the cost of establishing Herkimer Now as a 501(c)3 nonprofit.
“We want to create more fun, family-friendly, all-ages events downtown, where anyone and everyone can have a good time. The small registration fee for the Superhero Sprint will go toward the cost in establishing Herkimer Now as a 501(c)3 non-profit so that we can continue to follow and build on the model of the National Trust for Historic Preservation’s Main Street program,” states Stefanie Noble, Herkimer Now committee member and event coordinator on the group’s website.
No word on if Barry Allen, Jay Garrick, or Wally West have registered for the sprint.
- What is This Yu-Gi-Oh! Thing the Kids Go On About Anyway? – Part Two - October 16, 2018
- The Daily LITG – 16th October 2018 – The Colbert Retort - October 16, 2018
- Dick Grayson is Now Called Ric Grayson as Fabian Nicieza Joins Scott Lobdell on Nightwing #51 - October 15, 2018
- The Full DC Comics Catalogue for January 2019 - October 15, 2018
- The Writer of Invictus Pens Graphic Novel, Mandela and the General - October 15, 2018