May the best man (or woman) win, but no fair using your super powers.
Herkimer, a small village in upstate New York located about an hour or so west of the state capital in Albany, saw its heyday fade several decades ago. However, a new group whose purpose is revitalization throughout the community, is hoping they can get one step closer to reviving the village, with a little help from some friendly, neighborhood super heroes.
On Saturday, August 25, the Village of Herkimer and the revitalization group Herkimer Now, is hosting the “Superhero Sprint,” a non-competitive athletic event from Noon – 3 p.m. on Main Street in the Village of Herkimer.
Organizers say that all those participating in the short races must be dressed in a super hero or super villain costume.
Registration is online at http://herkimersuperherosprint2012.eventbrite.com/ Registration the day of the event is $2 per person, cash only, and all those fee will go toward the cost of establishing Herkimer Now as a 501(c)3 nonprofit.
“We want to create more fun, family-friendly, all-ages events downtown, where anyone and everyone can have a good time. The small registration fee for the Superhero Sprint will go toward the cost in establishing Herkimer Now as a 501(c)3 non-profit so that we can continue to follow and build on the model of the National Trust for Historic Preservation’s Main Street program,” states Stefanie Noble, Herkimer Now committee member and event coordinator on the group’s website.
No word on if Barry Allen, Jay Garrick, or Wally West have registered for the sprint.
- The Full DC Comics Catalogue for August 2018 - May 21, 2018
- Frank Miller and John Romita’s Superman: Year One for DC’s Black Label is Late Already - May 21, 2018
- Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, Batwoman Confirmed as Cancelled in August - May 21, 2018
- Stanley “Artgerm” Lau’s First 2 Covers for Fantastic Four #1 - May 21, 2018
- Hellana, Lookers, and Jungle Fantasy for Boundless August 2018 Solicits - May 21, 2018