How I feel about this particular (not yet officially released) piece of merchandise, I suppose, depends on whether I convince myself it’s Katniss Everdeen made into a Barbie doll, or a Barbie doll made into Katniss Everdeen. I am thankful, though, that it’s not Bella Swan.
I did see one young Katniss cosplayer at San Diego who really looked the part, despite being a couple-few years too young. Thought that I’d have been proud if she was my kid. I suspect the only use she’d have for a doll like this one is for target practice.
Thanks to Hunger Games Trilogy for the find.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014